Text Editor with Advanced and Flexible Search and Replace
EditPad Lite sports one of the most extensive search-and-replace features of any text editor. Quickly find the part of the file you want to edit. Automate much tedious editing with clever use of EditPad Lite’s search-and-replace.
- The search pane sits docked below the editing area, rather than floating on top and partly obscuring it.
- Enter any amount of text in the search and replace boxes. You are not limited to just one line.
- Search forward or backward, from the current text cursor position or the start/end of the file.
- Search or search-and-replace through the current file only, the current selection only, or all open files.
- Control which matches are replaced using the Search, Replace and Replace&Search Next toolbar buttons or corresponding keyboard shortcuts. No annoying pop-up prompts asking if you want to replace.
- Use regular expressions to make complex replacements that you’d need to do manually otherwise. Use backreferences in the replacement text to reuse part or all of the search match in the replacement.
- Instant Search finds the next or previous occurrence of the word under the text cursor, without opening the search pane or altering the search term in the search pane.
- Highlight search matches to keep them in view, even as you edit the file.
- Instant Highlight highlights all occurrences of the word under the text cursor, without opening the search pane or altering the search term in the search pane. You can configure EditPad Lite to do this when you double-click a word.
- Incremental Search finds the next occurrence of the search term as you type in the search term, and backs up if you press backspace to delete the search term.
- Cut matches removes all search matches and puts them on the clipboard.
- Copy matches copies all search matches to the clipboard.
- Turn on the adapt case option to preserve upper, lower, and title case when doing a case insensitive search-and-replace.
- Turn on the all files option to search through all open files in the active project.
- Turn on the all projects option to search through all open files in all open projects.
- Turn on the closed projects option to search through open files as well as closed files that are part of the active project (or all open projects).
- Turn on the line by line option to select, replace, cut, or copy the entire line when a match is found.
- Turn on the inverted line by line option to select, replace, cut, or copy only those lines in which the search term cannot be found.
- Get assistance from RegexBuddy and RegexMagic to easily create regular expressions. (RegexBuddy and RegexMagic are available separately.)
- Repeat any of the last 16 searches via the Search History.
|EditPad Lite - Text editor with advanced search and replace|
“I love your software. It works great and I like having tools written by people who actually freakin understand regular expressions. A lot of editors pretend to do regex and make a mess of it.”
— Bruce Brownlee
3 April 2008, Georgia, USA