Text Editor for Windows—Free for Personal Use
EditPad Lite is a compact general-purpose text editor. Use EditPad Lite to easily edit any kind of plain text file. EditPad Lite has all the essential features to make text editing a breeze:
- Large file and long line support.
- Full Unicode support, including complex scripts and right-to-left scripts.
- Direct editing of text files using Windows, UNIX, and mac Mac text encodings (code pages) and line breaks.
- Tabbed interface for working with many files.
- Unlimited undo and redo for all open files, even after saving.
- Automatic backup and working copies prevent data loss.
- Powerful search-and-replace with literal search terms and regular expressions that can span multiple lines.
EditPad Lite is free for personal use. Business and government users can purchase a license.
What People Say About EditPad Lite
These are just a few from a long list of unsolicited testimonials we have received from our users.
"I just had to let you know that I’ve been using EditPad Lite for a while now and I Love It! I’ve recommended it to my family and friends with high marks for quality, speed and features. I have used many different Notepad clones trying to find the balance between user friendliness and utility. EditPad Lite represents the fusion that finally brings balance to the Force."
8 March 2018
"I have been remiss in not sending this email sooner. I was turned on to EditPad Lite by a fellow coworker years ago. At the time, I did not anticipate how dependent I have become on this wonderful piece of software. I could not count the ways it has helped me."
23 March 2011
"I have used the freeware version of EditPad for about a year, and I wanted to thank you for making such a great program available for home use. If I were in a position to, I'd certainly buy EditPad Pro just so I could pay you for your software (I'm a poor graduate student, so that's not in the cards just yet).
"Yours is one of the few programs on my PC that I cannot remember ever having crashed, or caused a crash. It doesn't freeze. It is tiny, so it doesn't slow the system down. EditPad is one of the few programs that has free reign over my PC—I configured ZoneAlarm to let EditPad do whatever it wants. And it never messes with anything!
"EditPad has lots of features, but none that contribute to bloatware. I am sure that EditPad Pro is the same—and its list of added features look great too."
3 August 2005